A series of reviews of theatre programmes
Daddy Long Legs by Paul Gordon and John Caird, St James Theatre
Foyer, Friday16th November
38, of which 19 relate to the production
- Country Cousins – live-in carers
- Hurtwood House School
- Edward Goodyear Florists
16 photos scattered through the programme (note hower there is only one set and two actors- so it’s commendable they managed to get 16 different photos!)
- One page on how long it took to write the music and lyrics
- One page song list
- Two pages of ‘did you know?’ facts about the play
- Two page score and libretto from one of the songs
- Nine pages of cast and creative biographies
- Centre pages is essentially a playbill listing key creatives.
2.5 out of 5 – At £4 I’d like some more background information on the play, particularly on the book that it’s based on- which we’re told Theodore Roosevelt’s visted Jean Webster (who wrote the novel) as a passionate admirer, but little else, which is a problem as I don’t think the book is that well known in the UK. The score was a nice touch, but the programme just doesn’t add value to the theatre going experience, I want a programme to bring out the themes of the play.