A series of reviews of theatre programmes
The Horror! The Horror! – Wilton’s Music Hall and Theatre of the Damned.
Ticket desk, 26thOctober
£1 (I was given a complimentary copy)
12 including front cover, 8 pages relate to the production and 3 pages are general information on Wilton’s.
- Jon Turner, designer of the programme
- The Miskatonic University
- Nyarlathothep – The Magic of old Egypt
No photos, head shots of cast.
- One page of period advertisements
- One page note from ‘the management’
- Two pages of cast bios
- One page of crew bios
- One page of words from Theatre of the Damned and Wilton’s
- Back page includes choruses from two of the songs from the production
The programme is very nicely designed, with a suitably mix of Lovecraftian and period design flourishes. There’s no superfluous content. The inclusion of the choruses from two of the songs from the production is a nice touch, as well as tying together the programme and the setting of the performance.
5 out of 5 – Excellent value at only £1, and unlike many offwestend programmes, this one has had some attention paid to it. Reading through a programme like this, really gets you into the spirit of the evening.